Tuesday, 25 December 2012

My Desert Island Discs

I love music, and it started, strangely enough, when I gave up playing the piano. It became my opium, my fix became ever more regular, and now my life has its permanent soundtrack.

I also Desert Island Discs, as the music chosen by the castaways is an extension of their characters and of their life experiences, and this is further backed up by the interview between the tracks.

Yes I love music, but I do have my favourites, the ones which I could listen to on a continuous loop. So here are my eight tracks, in no particular order, the book, and the something that would follow me onto the much talked-about 'island'.

1. Bombay Bicycle Club - Lights Out, Words Gone
2. Serge Gainsbourg - L'anamour
3. Barry White - Just The Way You Are
4. Antonio Carlos Jobim & Elis Regina - Aguas de Março
5. Maxime Le Forestier - Éducation Sentimentale
6. Chopin - Études Op. 25 No. 9 in G-flat minor
7. Otis Redding - Try A Little Tenderness
8. The Hymn 'Come Down O Love Divine'

The Book: Candide by Voltaire

Something to take with me: a hamper of a selection of Marks and Spencer sandwiches

And if I had one track to save from the waves, it would have to be Serge Gainsbourg.

Feel free to do one yourself - they're rather good.

No comments:

Post a Comment